We are lucky in St Ives to have a committed, experienced and dynamic team from a broad range of backgrounds, motivated by a shared passion for Liberal Democrat values and for West Cornwall and its people.
If you've never volunteered before, feel welcome! We are happy to have both members and non-members; many of our volunteers have been involved with the party for decades, whilst others are brand new. All will be happy to show you the ropes. There are plenty of things you can do to help us:
- Talk to people either by joining our door-knocking team and going out across the constituency to ask people about what is important for them, running street stalls, or making phone calls to gather views or remind people to go and vote on election day.
- Help build campaigns by researching local issues or designing and bringing to life leaflets and content (copy, images, video, etc) for our website and social media platforms.
- Be sociable by organising or host socials and fundraisers: as we evolve as a party, we always welcome new ideas for events.
- Keep things running by helping with administration in our office as well as a part time member of staff and regular office volunteers
- Get the message out by distributing material in your area both during and between elections, or displaying a poster or stakeboard at election time.
- Some of these activities involve going out and about – since we live in the most beautiful and historically interesting area of the country, door-knocking or leafleting in different villages and towns is always a pleasure and an education. We make sure there is time to socialise together and enjoy the local hospitality after each outing.
For those who are less mobile or prefer the indoor life, there is plenty that you can do in the office or even from the comfort of your own home.
You can sign up below to join our friendly team. Whatever help you can offer and for whatever length of time, we’d love to hear from you. Please tick boxes below to indicate what you’d be interested in helping with, or write anything that isn’t covered in the “Comments” box, add your contact details, and we’ll be in touch soon.
Will you volunteer